Thursday, August 24, 2006

Night Ride

Thursdays are good days, especially when the weather’s fine. I usually get out Thursday night for a mountain bike ride in the Peak with some friends, if I can fit it round all the other claims on my time.

Tonight we’re meeting at Ladybower for some variations on the classic trails that loop over the hills there. Some people drive for hours to get to this place, so it’s always a thrill to know I can ride those trails on an evening after work, and more so when I look out of the window and see blue skies waiting for me. Riding into work this morning my legs were like wet noodles though, so it may have to be the geared bike tonight, or maybe I'll just grit my teeth and hurt a bit on the singlespeed. I’ll need to take lights too, for the first time since spring.

No comments: