Thursday, November 23, 2006

Grump, grump, grump

I’ve been feeling a bit of an old grumpy bugger this last week. The impending winter is a big part of it, I’m sure. Although I claim to love the cold weather, what I hate is the lack of light. Monday to Friday I hardly see daylight at all, leaving for work at 6:30am and getting back at 6pm. Jostling for road space with tired and stupid car drivers doesn’t help either. Not that I have been on the bike this week, I’ve been suffering with a bad back, nothing serious. Enough to keep me off the bike though, and to disturb my sleep so that I inhabit a weary shell of a body these days.

I have had opportunities for two good days out on the bike in the last two weeks, both of which were ruined by Dan being a bit of an nob and turning up with a crocked bike, so that was a pile of disappointment heaped onto my anticipation. We’re off to North Yorkshire tonight for a long weekend, staying in a cottage with some friends. It should be a great chance to chill out and relax, but I was hoping to take the singlespeed ‘cos we’re right on the edge of some fine riding in the North York Moors. I can’t though; my back is still giving me some grief. I think I need to give myself a kick up the arse.

No comments: