Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Update

Another long gap since I last posted.

Since then I have:

Been to Amsterdam. What a great city. Beautiful, relaxed, cultured and chock full of cyclists. They weave in and out of the traffic, carrying umpteen bags of shopping, with a child on the kiddie seat, all the while talking into a mobile phone. The cars look out for them and everyone shares the road really well. Apparently it is one of the safest cities to ride in Europe. We have a lot to learn.

Had a pay rise – woohoo. I’m a contractor and the hourly rates have been going up recently. A quick chat with the bosses and a few days later I get a nice pay rise. At least I can tell the agents I’m not interested when they phone. Most of the new money will disappear into fixing up the new house though.

Booked some family holidays – Menorca, Northumberland and Wales. And I go to Spain at the end of April for a long weekend with Freeride Spain.

Entered the first Merida in Builth Wells, 75km on the 15th April, on a singlespeed.

Entered the Dialled Bikes Rough Ride in May.

Ridden with the Hobo lot from Bikemagic, round the Peak. A great bunch, good riders, and a superb day out.

Erm, that’ll do for now.

No comments: