Thursday, October 04, 2007

Riding on the Wyre


Down at my mum's for the weekend, I popped out for a couple of hours round Wyre Forest. It's one of those places that hides its good points very well. If you follow the marked trails, you'll spend a pleasant if dull time riding forest roads. If you treat the 'no cycling' signs as an invitation, you'll likely find some really tasty trails.
The trouble is, like I said, the good stuff is tucked away and forms a web of interlinking trails that go nowhere in particular. I get down there only a couple of times a year and just can't get a mental map of where each trail is. As a result I pootle around, lost and disorientated, sometimes finding the good stuff, sometimes not. The good stuff is very nice though, as fine as any forested singletrack I have ridden. Not technical, but fast and twisty and satisfying in way that those man made trail centres don't seem to manage. I really ought to hook up with some locals next time.

Find my elderly friend Oldgit over here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can relate. no sign is going to stop my tyres from eating some dirt!

Anonymous said...

Hello, I apologize for contacting you in this fashion, but I think you might be interested in submitting your site to my new sports directory…at thesportszone.org

I'm assuming comments are moderated so when I click submit this post won't automatically appear on site, if it does, I again apologize.