Thursday, October 19, 2006

Guilty m'lud


The alarm went off this morning at 6 and I woke to the sound of rain on the window. It had been a bad night – the kids have had a stomach bug for a few days which we thought was finished, but it wasn’t, so we had a disturbed night, and another load of puke covered bedding to wash.

More tired than usual, I dragged myself out of bed and into my riding kit, shaved, brushed teeth and stumbled out into the rain to collect my bike from the garage. Christ it’s got dark in the mornings, autumn is definitely here. Hunched over my bars, face screwed up against the weather, I decided to roll down to the station and get the train to work. I bought a single ticket, planning to ride home this evening.

Now this is sensible behaviour in most people’s eyes, but sat here at my desk I feel guilty. I’ve got all that nice gear – waterproof jacket, overshoes, warm gloves and mudguards on the bike. As soon as I wake to a rainy day, I wuss out and get the train to work. What a wimp.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I rode in - then spent a wet, soggy day at work! Putting on wet kit to cycle back is sooooo much fun!

Singleminded said...

Good on ya - tomorrow I'll ride in whatever. No riding this weekend, so I'd better make the most of my commute... otherwise I spend the whole weekend itching to get some excercise.