Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Commuter

I'm a bike commuter. I usually do 3 days a week commuting on my bike, that's a 30 mile round trip, 90 miles a week. It's mostly on traffic clogged roads, full of frustrated, distracted, half asleep mobile phone using drivers, and that's about the best thing I can say about them. The best way to radicalise a cyclist, to turn a laid back, happy-go-lucky rider into a foaming mouthed, angry, car hating biker is to get them to commute into a city a few days a week. Take a look at Crazybikerchick's blog for a letter to motorists. She's obviously done plenty of commuting and is far more reasonable than I would be in the same situation.

Last night's commute was straight into the teeth of a rainstorm. By the time I got home I was cold and had rain running out of my shoes. Winter is on its way. Time to pull out the overshoes and warm gloves. Anyway, too much good weather makes you soft...

No comments: