Friday, September 29, 2006

Thumbs Up!

A definite improvement in my bad thumb - last night I did a night ride from Hope (Mam Tor -Rushup - Pindale). I was gritting my teeth a bit towards the end on the rocky descent down Pindale but overall a big improvement. No lasting effects today either.

The night ride was plagued by mechanicals - lights problems and ripped tubeless tyres - butwas still a fun ride. The trails are still dry, the temperatures balmy, and the overall group vibe is pretty chilled and laid back. Out of 6 riders, 4 were on singlespeeds, for a change I was not one of them. I took the Rocky Ridge with its big tyres and 130mm Marzocchis to cushion my injured hand. It was strange to be the sat down whilst the others heaved and grunted their way up the hills. I just can't get my head round using really spinny gears though. It feels all wrong to sit back and spin easy gears, I feel much better clicking into a harder ratio hurting a bit.

No comments: